Incubator and Accelerator : Creating optimum strategies for workforce reskilling in an AI led workplace
Fri 22nd Nov 2019 - 12:00pm
See the future coming and connect with people making it happen to overtake the competition, strengthen capabilities and agility to stay ahead of the Robots and the seismic shifts ahead
We have seen the astonishing pace of technology developments such as AI, AR, VR, voice driven apps, blockchain, genetic analysis, robotics, IOT, big data, quantum computing, 5G and many others which are constantly reshaping businesses and entire industries and how customers buy. This is likely to continue.
Within this landscape, key research highlights in relation to reskilling priorities include:
- 85% of the jobs that will exist in 2030 haven’t been invented yet
- Investment in the UK Artificial Intelligence companies is rising, with funding in the first half of 2019 already surpassing 2018’s total. Industrial robots shipped in 2018 reaches record levels of $16.5bn.
- Many occupations are ‘at risk’ from AI and automation, potentially leading to large-scale job losses – however there are opportunities to increase the number and quality of jobs (but will it be enough?)
- More than 120 million workers globally will need retraining in the next three years due to AI impact on jobs. (IBM)
- 86% of global organisations are changing the way people learn (Deloitte)
- 54% of employees will require significant reskilling in 3 years and 53% of organisations are increasing the L&D budget by 6% + (Deloitte/WEF)
Rapid reskilling is needed….
Attendance at this leadership event will provide insights on future trends , leadership reskilling dynamics and critical requirements to succeed in this new environment.
5 minute presentations will be given by:
- Shereen Daniels, Managing Director – HR Rewired: Resetting the People Agenda for the future of work – it is already here. Click here for profile.
- Devyani Vaishampayan, Managing Partner – HR Tech Partnership: Key ways that AI is impacting the workplace – Substitution (Robots), Disintermediation (Market places) Augmentation – click here for profile
- Rob Shorrick – Rialto Director – The enabling and changing role of leaders in the 4IR world. Where should leaders focus to ensure strategic success? Click here for profile
- Delegates will contribute to a create a practical template for reskilling employees, shape a personal and corporate reskilling action plan and roadmap for organisational success.
This will include a facilitated review on the big challenges, big opportunities, the principles and framework of the future and the role of the incubator.
Who should attend?
Board and C-Level Directors, Business and Functional Leaders, HR Directors, People Managers, Change Leaders, OD Practitioners and Leadership Development Specialists and leaders who are looking to challenge and debate how the people function must change and who want to push the debate and form new business strategies.