The NED function in conjunction with the Financial Times
Fri 11th Oct 2019 - 12:00pm
SO YOU WANT TO BE AN NED?
In conjunction with the Financial Times, this workshop will walk you through what it takes to become an non executive director
Aimed at executives who are planning to transition to a non-executive director role, our speakers Steve Playford and Lesley Stephenson will share the duties and liabilities of being a non-executive director, effective boardroom behaviour and how to go about getting that all important first role.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- The role of an NED – What do they do? What value do they add to a board? Where do they sit in the board dynamic? Executive v Non-Exec tasks.
- Effective NED’s – How to effectively challenge executives. What are the skills needed to make it work?. What questions to ask and how/ why. What to look out for on board papers.
- Why become a NED? – What are the pros and cons? What are the benefits to the individual? What you are really expected to do?. How can it add value to your career and personal life?
- Duties and Liabilities – What are the legal implications of being a NED? What happens if it goes wrong? The need for D+O Insurance.
- Corporate Governance – How much do you need to know to fulfill the role? Why is it important?
- The Challenges facing NED’s – How much has the role changed? How much time can you dedicate to the role? What are the major pitfalls to watch out for?
- Personal Attributes – What makes a really strong NED? What are the main characteristics needed to be successful?
- Getting your first role
This workshop is by invitation only and is for executives who are currently at director level and are thinking about becoming a non-executive director.
Register today to reserve your place. This event costs £65 (incl of VAT)
Steve Playford & Lesley Stephenson